3D MID Dispensing & Placing System
Hydra is the first standard machine for dispensing and assembling in 3D. The Hydra features an inline conveyor system and quick changeover, making it capable of series production as well as small series and sample manufacturing with low manufacturing cost.
- Fully programmable 3 nozzle placement head + additional dispensing head
- Places 1000-2500 cph in 3D mode
- Places 12000 cph in 2D mode
- Best price-performance ratio
First standard machine for 3D assembly
The system operation of Hydra is similar to a standard SMD pick-and-place machines.
Essemtec combines a standard 2D-SMD pick-and-placer of the Paraquda series with a 6-axes robot. The robot positions the substrate holder on an always horizontal placement level.
Because of the machine concept, the 3D assembly machine Hydra is able to use the same component feeders as a normal SMD placement machine, the same spare parts, the same vision system and even the same pickup tools. Therefore, it can be integrated easily into a typical electronics production.
The Paraquda’s software and control system is simply expanded by a robot controller.
- Touchscreen software which operates with the new intuitive, easy operation platform ePlace
- Based on the proven platform of Paraquda pick-and-place
- Substrate dimensions up to 300x300x50 mm
- Component range 01005 to 40x40 mm, height up to 18 mm
- Accuracy: robot system (±0.02 mm)
- Accuracy: Paraquda system (45 μm@3σ)
- System can be multiplied if production volumes increase
- Integration into a standard electronic production work-ﬂow
- Compliant to SMEMA standards
- Equipped with time-pressure dispenser for solder paste and jet dispenser for glue or glob top, coatings, etc.
- Further valves, such as the jet valve, in preparation